Free Resources for Braven Fellows & Families During COVID-19Posted on
We care deeply about our Braven community and hope everyone is staying safe and healthy in these unprecedented times. We compiled free resources that were shared by our partners to support our Braven community; the following list includes resources on online learning, virtual academic support, health and fitness, and more.
- Comcast’s Free Internet Access to Xfinity wifi
- Guide to Internet Service During COVID-19
- Free Wifi for Students in Bronx (Lehman)
- Get Reimbursed for SNAP (EBT) Card-Purchased Groceries on Expensify
- SJSU Food Pantry (SJSU)
- Rutgers Food Pantry (RUN)
- Lehman College Food Bank
- Food Bank for NYC (Lehman)
- Free Online Cooking Classes
- Illinois College Food Pantries (NLU)
Virtual Academic Support
- Wyzant One-On-One Tutoring
Get $200 worth of free online tutoring and access 60,000+ tutors in over 250 subject areas including academic classes, test prep, coding, software, languages and more with the following code: BravenCV200
- Help Desk (Rutgers)
Job Search Resources
- Contact professionals in the Braven Network to set up video meetings or phone calls
- Tips for Searching and Career Planning During COVID-19
- Jobs and Internships That Are Still Hiring
- How to Ace Your Virtual Interview
- Finding a Job During Challenging Economic Times
Online Learning & Professional Development
- LinkedIn Learning
Get LinkedIn Premium and LinkedIn Learning for free the first month. There are tons of video tutorials on LinkedIn Learning that cover working remotely, Zoom, Skype, Webex, productivity tips, etc. This Learning Pathway for job seekers navigating COVID-19 is now accessible for everyone.
Get two free months of Premium Membership at Skillshare to learn new skills and access thousands of classes on topics like illustration, design, photography, and more.
Scroll through free online courses in every major! Coursera collaborates with major universities and companies including IBM, Google, Penn State, and Duke, etc. One of Yale’s most popular courses – The Science of Well-Being – is currently being offered online.
Master your digital skills with Brainstation! They just expanded the scholarships they are offering for individuals looking to pursue professional development or transform their careers, including:
- Diversity And Inclusion Scholarship
- Women in Technology Scholarship
- University and College Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship
Until May 31st, Adobe is offering temporary at-home access to Creative Cloud for schools and colleges who currently only have lab access–all at no additional cost.
Affinity is offering a 90-day free trial of Affinity suite–Affinity Publisher, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, and Affinity Workbooks.
Learn 30+ languages online (or on your phone) with short and simple lessons.
- 63 Free Higher Ed Resources During COVID-19
SJSU’s librarians are available via chat, email, and Zoom. Virtual late-night tutoring and technology help are also available.
Rutgers students still have access to millions of books and journals through QuickSearch. Students can also access online learning instructional support, information technology, and contact librarians through email or chat.
Lehman’s librarians are available by chat or phone. Library services and materials are also available online at Lehman’s remote resources page.
NLU’s libraries are currently open online with remote services available.
Health & Safety Resources
- How to Avoid Misinformation on COVID-19
- Healthcare Resources for Immigrants & Refugees
- Rush Video Visit Consultations for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Crisis Text Line
- How to Manage Anxiety and Stress Related to COVID-19
- Meditations for Focus, Stress, and Sleep
- Free Year Subscription to Balance, a Meditation App
- Domestic Violence Hotline
- CARE Team (Rutgers)
Child Care Resources
- SJSU Child Development Center (SJSU)
- Rutgers Child Care and Development Centers (RUN)
- Lehman College Child Care Center (Lehman)
- Federal Student Aid Information
If you’re concerned about financial aid or loan repayment, visit Federal Student Aid for information on what students, borrowers, and parents should know about.
- Chicago COVID-19 Hardship and Help Page
- SJSU Housing & Financial Resources (SJSU)
- Calculate How Much You’ll Get From COVID-19 Checks
- How to Apply for Unemployment
- Find Your State Insurance Unemployment Office
- myRUN (Rutgers)
- 25+ Free Live-Stream Workout Classes
- Free Online CorePower Yoga Classes
- CorePower Free Online classes (1-week trial)
- ALO Yoga Online Classes (2-week trial)
- Sculpt Society Online Classes (2-week trial)
As always, the Braven team is here to support you on your journey. Please reach out to our team with any questions or other ideas.