A job with a purpose
Now Accepting Applications for the following roles.
Please click the positions tab above for detailed descriptions of each role and application instructions.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and check back for opportunities.
San José Site Director
Title: San Jose Site Director
Location: San Jose, CA
If interested, please email your resume and a one-page cover letter to email@example.com.
The Site Director is the inspiring leader who sets a powerful vision for programmatic success and is responsible for ensuring that Braven Fellows graduate from college and secure a strong job within 6 months of graduation. S/he leads a team of full time and part time employees, recruits and selects our volunteers, and builds and maintains the positive presence of Braven at San José State and in the Silicon Valley community.
What You’ll Do:
In this role, the SD will work extensively with student participants, program alumni, volunteers, employer partners, university faculty/staff, and local organizations to ensure program site growth. The SD will report directly to the Region’s Executive Director. Specifically, the Site Director will:
Site Vision and Culture (~20% of time)
Set a powerful vision for the San Jose State University site, inspire the commitment of others towards the shared vision, and ensure all decisions are aligned to and support the vision. S/he will build a strong and enduring site culture based on mission, vision, and organization’s values. This includes:
- Setting goals and key performance indicators for San Jose site aligned with Braven’s local and national priorities
- Recruiting, leading, managing, and developing a high-performing site team of ~6 full-time and part-time employees (paid and volunteer) to meet outcomes
- Building a collaborative team culture of individuals committed to achieving excellence, meeting site goals, and living out Braven core values
Programmatic Leadership (~50%)
Oversee the execution of Braven’s programming at the partner site, including the pre-course, course, and post-course experience, to meet programmatic goals. This includes:
- Leading a team to:
- Successfully recruit requisite number of students into the Braven Accelerator course
- Execute weekly programming and special events and ensure program quality
- Recruit, train, and manage Teaching Assistants to assess student work
- Execute effective and sustainable training, support, communication, and coaching for volunteers
- Collaborate well with San José State professors in running course
- Executing volunteer recruitment, selection, and onboarding to ensure a high-quality, diverse, and impactful corps of volunteers
- Assessing data continuously and ensuring that students are on track to graduate and secure strong jobs
- Recommending changes to Braven’s program model to ensure transformational and sustainable impact
Partnership Development and Stakeholder Management (~30%)
Develop and steward strong and formalized partnerships with San Jose State University staff and faculty, employers, and community based organizations that result in additional resources for our students and improvements to our program model. This includes:
- Cultivating and managing relationships with key San José State stakeholders that foster collaboration and ensure a healthy partnership
- Cultivating and managing up to 60 local employer partners to power the Accelerator experience by providing volunteers, sponsoring events, and hiring talent
- Building Braven’s brand in the community by being active in the local workforce and education landscape
- Collaborating with the Braven development team, as the external leader of the site, to execute development activities that support long-term sustainability (as needed)
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience; history of driving significant gains and meeting ambitious goals
- Leads and inspires others under a shared vision of excellence
- Builds relationships and communicates in ways that foster trust, value differences, and furthers Braven’s mission
- Proven track record in successfully recruiting, hiring, leading and developing people and teams; creates the conditions for staff to learn, grow and do their work with ever increasing excellence
- Manages people, project and oneself to achieve excellent results and expand organizational impact
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within and thrive in an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Unwavering belief in economic, racial and social justice; makes all decisions through the lens of what is best for the students and families we serve
- BA or equivalent degree required
The Braven Accelerator empowers promising young people on their path to college graduation, meaningful careers, and lives of impact. Alongside educational institutions, Braven provides a scalable model to discover, develop, and connect extraordinary, diverse, and driven young people to high-quality skill building, opportunities, and networks. From the Accelerator will come a generation of leaders as diverse as our future demands.
Braven currently operates in Newark, New Jersey and the San Francisco Bay Area (San Jose in particular). We aim to become the nation’s leading accelerator of diverse talent, putting 100,000 emerging leaders on the pathway to college completion and economic mobility. Our work is highly data and outcomes driven: college graduation; workforce readiness skills-based proficiency; employment in a high impact role within six months of graduation.
Braven is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor. We encourage talented individuals of all backgrounds to apply.